Monday, January 21, 2008

Too Optimistic, You think!?

Two posts in two days, I rock man! Basically, I am jobless, rather I should say, running away from job. So, I better make use of it and engage myself in the holy blogging world…lol.

[How can High Definition Television Advertisements, help the makers achieve what they want to. People watching ordinary TV (me included) cannot feel what HDTV has to offer, even though they show it to us on a big screen in the Ad and people who have HDTV anyway would not want to buy another one.]

Anyway, I was blessed with one more brilliant idea(!) today to which my roommate has paid attention for half a minute. Hence, to make myself heard, I preferred to turn to the blogging world. Now, here’s my idea:

How about we have a Carpool/bike share day, say in the city of Hyderabad for one day.

It’s just a simple idea. Just ask people to consciously make attempts to Carpool or share bike ride to work for one day. It could be a kind of government promoted activity. Spend some amount in advertising it and denote one day every year for this day. Probably, pick the day after the New Year (could be Ugadi, Telugu New Year). Just tell the people the advantage of having one less car on the roads and make them spend that extra minute waiting for their colleague or spend that extra mile to pick their child up rather than having a denoted car/auto for him/her. I definitely know it’s a cool idea much would depend on how it is publicized. Of course, no special reason to pick Hyderabad, I would be more happy to see it happen across all the cities in India.

One day of encouragement could go a long way. Realizing its benefits, people might want to take it up more frequently, Companies could insist more on the issue and probably it could also play a role in influencing the housing decisions of new joiners in the companies. Too optimistic, you think!?

See this also


No comments: