Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Smile that was...


To me, blogging never became a habit. Over the past two weeks, this is my third desperate attempt to write something. For various reasons, it never took off. The topic of farewell-iitm-life is kept for the best of the emotional moods and narrating-btp-woes is a wantedly avoided topic where as the deadline of lit-soc creative writing has discouraged me to attempt a rather very interesting limerick about ‘your-major’. This so-called one paragraph threshold has played a major role in eschewing my blog-update. Let’s see how this one goes.

I was always confused at the audience that I would target for my blog. Now that, I would shun my publicity-shyness and paste this link in my Gtalk, I am at least clear about my potential readers. Dear new readers, welcome to the most frequently updated blog in the whole world. I suggest you scroll down and read some of the older didactics because, as of now, I really do not know what I am going to blabber on.

Generally, I resort to blogging, or at least the act of it, when something strikes my heart, good or bad. Something similar happened today(written 10 days back!) and I feel that I can put my experience in a fresh perspective and of course, the world needs it. J

IIT Madras celebrated its 48th institute day today and by far, it is the best function that I have ever attended in my life in iitm till now, slightly exaggerated, but what the heck,(!)!It is my own perspective… Two people made it a memorable day for me and that’s what I am going to blog on.

There were best alumnus awards and there were institute blues that were awarded to the most successful students of our batch. It was inspiring to hear the entire alumnus speak and a gush of passion ran through the audience when each of the alumni dedicated their awards to their memorable professors at iit Madras. I enjoyed it not knowing that best was yet to come. There was an award for the best young faculty awarded to Dr. Kamakoti of Computer Science department and as soon as he went on to the dais, a small girl sitting beside me jumped to her feet and started shouting “appa, appa”. Her mother was thoroughly enjoying the moment and dint care to stop this little girl from shouting aloud and the vibrant face, innocent smile and admiring looks of the girl, conveyed a strong statement. I am sure she does not know what that award means to her father nor can she remember this evening later in the life. A lucky girl, I should say, for having a role model in her own house! Regular readers of Hindu open page would comprehend this train of thought, lack of role models for Indian youth. Anyway, that is a topic in itself.

Then, there was this decent looking chap, who went on to take an award for best academic record in a particular semester and again, to my left his parents were sitting and they immediately called the little girl and told her with a sense of pride, “that’s my boy.” It was again nice to watch…

I desperately want to get back to blogging. Although this blog is not crap, neither is it pointless. Hope you agree. This is for the records. From now on, blog will be updated every month. Dear readers (Gtalk friends), if you enjoy reading my blog, keep buzzing me till I update it monthly. Thanks.

3 comments:

Sachi Nekkanti said...

Hmm ... So, can we expect more tripe from you, Master Blogger ?

Srilakshmi Chodavarapu said...

Your posts reek of 'olde worlde' goodness. The simple sanskrit story types! They leave a residual smile, even after having closed off the window.

Sashi said...

Yeah, probably the extra sugar coating is the effect of my overflowing ambition to view the world as something that can be conquered by the simple virtue of love.
Anyway, it's been a while that i last wrote and that is why i admire all regular bloggers like you!